In order to get rid of bacteria and other contaminants, mains water is treated with chlorine. Though chlorine is only used in small amounts, it is a toxic chemical and avoiding chlorine intake is desirable. In addition,
treating water with chlorine produces by-products known as trihalomethanes, which can have adverse health effects.
Filtering mains water with one of our Fully Automatic CA1 or CA2 whole-of-house filtration systems ensures that these potentially dangerous chemicals are removed from the water. Alternatively, an undersink drinking
system offers safe treated water at a single tap. The choice is yours.
Treating mains water can also have positive benefits for your plumbing pipes and fixtures, and your appliances. In some areas of Australia, mains water is considered ‘hard’ water, contaminated with traces of calcium, iron
and magnesium. These metals can cause corrosion, scale build-ups and damage to appliances and surfaces that regularly come into contact with water.